Monday, April 30, 2012

Post 8


Starting in middle school, technical literacies began to be integrated into my curriculum.  I started having classes teaching how to use computers and their basic functions while at school every day.  It seems my age group is one of the first groups to have this sort of computer training while we were young and have it continue as time went on.  These first few classes in middle school helped mold my future in writing by teaching typing lessons and making it possible to create papers on a computer, which is just about the only place that we write now.  In high school we had a computer lab that we would use for class projects and the ability to write individual papers.  Having all of these resources helped form my own technical and visual literacy.  

Even today, I still have different projects helping form my literacy.  This class has even helped me in different ways than I have ever had before.  Editing a Wikipedia page and even having the blog to post assignments and respond to them are other ways to expend our literacy.  Not only can these types of practices help in our academic career, but also possibly help in different aspects of life.  Although my major does not require a lot of writing other than short essays and the occasional paper, there is technology on computers that helps interpret different tests and science based evidence found in experiments conducted.  Our literacy is being formed all the time and learning is always occurring whether it seems that way or not, sometimes we just need some help taking it all in the correct way.

No comments:

Post a Comment